This Privacy Statement applies to Lake Image Systems and its group businesses (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We take your privacy very seriously and treat all your personal data with great care. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of both our website visitors and our clients.
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. Throughout the policy, we refer to your personal information as your data. This policy sets out how we will obtain, process, store and protect your personal information.
When and How We Collect Your Data
We collect information about you (which will usually include: full or partial contact details including names, addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers) in the following ways:
- Through our Website when you register for our Newsletter or when you complete an online “Contact Us” form
- When you contact our offices to make a business enquiry
- When you visit our booth at one of our events (including partner, trade or exhibition) and leave us your contact details so that we can contact you in order to progress your enquiry
- When you sign up to any of our marketing communications, complete our customer surveys, enter a promotional offer or provide feedback
- When we do business with you.
Information Automatically Collected.
This includes information and personal data collected:
How we process Your Data
We ensure that your personal data will be stored in (i) centralized systems which are under the control of Lake Image Systems and accessible by authorized staff of Lake Image Systems and its group of companies or our suppliers, and (ii) our IT service supplier that manage our IT networks, infrastructure and PC equipment.
We use the information that we collect about you to answer your queries, process your orders and to provide our services. With your consent, we will contact you via our marketing and sales channels (email/ phone/ post) about other related products and services that we or our group businesses provide, which we think may be of interest to you. Our marketing communications are generally sent by email but we may sometimes use other methods of delivery such as by post, Telephone or SMS.
When you provide your information on our website, contact us for a quote or visit us at a trade show you consent for us to use your personal information to:
- Contact you via the contact methods you have chosen to provide, including via telephone, email and by post.
- Contact you in response to an enquiry, request a quote, a service request and for our finance department to process your order or recover monies owed to us.
- Administer our website and improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Offer and provide services and products to you which we believe you will be interested in, via email, telephone or other media. For email marketing communications we use Constant Contact to send you our monthly newsletters and other promotional offers. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe and we will no longer send you these marketing communications.
During the provision of our services, you agree for us to process your personal information through signing our product or service contracts which means you agree to our Terms of Engagement, to allow us to:
- Supply to you services under your contract;
- Send you general commercial communications using the contact details that you have provided to us during our services
- Contact third parties on your behalf, with your specific instruction
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf (such as Google and Constant Contact), and all of them comply with GDPR legislation. Their respective Privacy Policies are listed below.
- Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB )
- Constant Contact (https://www.constantcontact.com/uk/legal/privacy-statement )
- ACT- Contact Management (https://www.act.com/en-uk/privacy-policy )
- HubSpot: Contact Management (https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy )
Protection of Your Data
We endeavour to provide a high level of security of both the information we store as well as our facilities, (IT) systems and premises, by means of encryption, physical security measures, passwords, company procedures and policies and professional IT support. A strictly limited amount of people have access to your personal data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of Your Data
We will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. This may be up to 4 years unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (which is typically the case in the context of our obligations under tax law).
Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please note that your personal data may still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
Sharing of Your Data
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us. We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of information technology, cloud-based software as a service provider, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services.
- Third party organisations that otherwise assist us in providing goods, services or information.
- Lake Image Systems Ltd. and its group of businesses.
- Auditors and other professional advisers.
- Law enforcement or regulatory agencies or those required by law or regulations.
Location of Your Data
Where possible, your personal data resides within the UK territory but may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, in accordance with this privacy statement. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EEA are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU.
You can withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time. Please note: if you have signed a contract with us, one of our partners or distributors, for an inspection camera solution, our contractual rights will still apply and we may contact you in relation to an installation, maintenance or support service or to recover any outstanding monies owed to us.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
Right to revoke consent
If we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the legal right to revoke such consent at any time. We will then cease the relevant processing activity going forward.
Right of access to your information
If you want to know what personal data we have collected or process about you, you may request us to provide a copy of your personal data by sending an email to [email protected]. We will ask you to identify yourself. We will not provide you with a copy of your personal data to the extent that the rights and freedoms of others are or may be adversely affected.
Right to rectification and erasure of data, and restriction of processing
If you believe that our processing of your personal data is incorrect, inaccurate, unlawful, excessive, incomplete, no longer relevant, or if you think that your data has been stored longer than necessary, you may ask us to change or remove such personal data or restrict such processing activity, by sending an email to [email protected].
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in accordance with Article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Right to object
You have the legal right to object, on grounds relating to your particular personal situation, at any time to our processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or profiling. You can do this by either (i) opting out by using the option we provide in the relevant direct marketing message (e.g. an email newsletter), or (ii) updating your preferences managed by our email service provider Constant Contact, or (iii) by sending an email to [email protected], or (iv) writing to: Lake Image Systems Ltd., Unit 1, The Forum, Icknield Way, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 4JX, UK.
We are committed to resolving any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. In case you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement or our practices in relation to your personal data you may send an email to [email protected]. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however, if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority, which for the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We have done our best to make sure that this Privacy Statement explains the way in which we process your personal data, and rights you have in relation thereto. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time to make sure it is still up to date and we will notify you if we make any material updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.