DISCOVERY RFID – Unlocking a New Era in RFID Label Production
Introducing DISCOVERY RFID by Lake Image Systems stands out with its seamless integration into existing Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Inlay converting or rewinder equipment, ensuring a smooth workflow. This innovative system provides real-time RFID reading and encoding capabilities, meeting the demands of high-speed label production. Synchronized with inkjet label printers, it ensures precision in printing, while the integrated camera verification guarantees the accuracy of printed information. Supporting NFC and UHF RFID technologies, DISCOVERY RFID offers versatility for various applications. With comprehensive verification features and robust reporting capabilities, it ensures data integrity, making it a scalable, modular, and adaptable choice for businesses. The successful integration at Tamarack Products exemplifies its real-world effectiveness in high-speed, multi-lane RFID tag and label production.
The Need for RFID Verification
In today’s fast-paced world of modern supply chains and retail, efficiency, and accuracy are not just buzzwords but absolute essentials. While RFID technology has brought significant improvements in these areas, it often works in tandem with the reliable and time-tested technology of barcoding. When combined effectively, these two technologies create what’s known as a “smart label” – a powerful tool that has the potential to transform the way businesses manage inventory and streamline operations.
An integral aspect of this combined RFID and barcode approach is the necessity for a robust data verification system. It’s imperative to ensure that the data read or encoded on an RFID chip aligns precisely with the information printed on the label in text or barcode form. Data accuracy is fundamental in modern supply chains, and any discrepancies can lead to costly errors and operational disruptions.
To cater to this need, Lake Image Systems DISCOVERY RFID steps in with a state-of-the-art verification solution designed for high-speed Smart Label Tag production. This system confirms that the data encoded on RFID chips matches the information displayed as text or barcode on the label. By incorporating a camera verification system into the smart label production process, companies can guarantee data accuracy, enhance operational efficiency, and reduce the risk of errors in their supply chain management.
Typical RFID Label verification processes
DISCOVERY RFID orchestrates a seamless verification process by reading and associating RFID serial numbers with SKUs. It encodes EPC with product data, synchronizes with an inkjet printer for label printing, and rigorously verifies both RFID-encoded and printed data. Any discrepancies trigger label diversion and “VOID” marking. With 100% control over label readability and integrity, DISCOVERY RFID generates detailed reports and audit files for comprehensive process tracking.
Achieving a Strong ROI
Return on investment (ROI) is a pivotal consideration in any business investment. The integration of Lake Image Systems DISCOVERY RFID into smart label production lines promises a swift realization of ROI. By reducing inspection costs, improving efficiency, and mitigating business risks, RFID label and tag manufacturers, printers, and converters can anticipate a substantial return on their investment.
DISCOVERY RFID is a game-changer for businesses seeking to increase RFID production efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance data accuracy and security. Join the DISCOVERY RFID revolution and elevate your RFID label production.
Contact us today for more information and to explore how DISCOVERY RFID can transform your operations.
- Integration Excellence: DISCOVERY RFID seamlessly integrates into your existing RFID Inlay converting or rewinder equipment, ensuring real-time, single-pass RFID reading and encoding with inline inkjet label printing, tracking, and camera verification.
- Real-Time RFID Reading and Encoding: DISCOVERY RFID provides real-time, single-pass RFID reading and encoding capabilities, elevating the efficiency and accuracy of your RFID label production process.
- Inline Inkjet Label Printing: The system can synchronize with an inkjet label printer, ensuring that labels are produced with precision and consistency, enhancing the overall quality of the final product.
- Camera Verification: DISCOVERY RFID includes a camera verification feature, which ensures that the print is readable, accurate, and matched with the data encoded on the RFID chip.
- Support for NFC and UHF RFID Inlay Labels and Tags: DISCOVERY RFID accommodates both NFC (Near Field Communication) and UHF (Ultra-High Frequency) RFID inlay labels and tags, providing versatility for various applications.
Common Uses of Variable RFID Tags and Labels
- Retail Inventory Management: Variable RFID tags and labels enable real-time tracking and efficient management of retail inventory, reducing stockouts and overstock situations.
- Supply Chain Logistics: In logistics, these tags play a crucial role in tracking and tracing items throughout the supply chain, enhancing visibility and minimizing errors.
- Asset Tracking: Businesses use variable RFID tags to track and manage valuable assets, including equipment, vehicles, and tools, ensuring accountability and preventing loss.
- Product Authentication: RFID tags are employed for product authentication, helping to combat counterfeiting by ensuring the legitimacy of products in the market.
- Security and Access Control: Variable RFID tags are utilized in security applications, such as access control systems, providing a secure and efficient means of managing entry and exit points.
- Healthcare: In healthcare, RFID tags on medical equipment, patient wristbands, and medication packaging improve tracking, safety, and overall efficiency in healthcare operations.
- Manufacturing Processes: Variable RFID tags play a role in optimizing manufacturing processes, from tracking work-in-progress items to managing inventory on production lines.
- Document and File Tracking: Organizations use RFID tags on documents and files to streamline tracking, retrieval, and management within large repositories.
- Event Management: For large-scale events, variable RFID tags and labels are used for attendee identification, access control, and tracking event logistics.
- Library Management: Libraries leverage RFID technology for efficient book tracking, inventory management, and automated check-in/check-out processes.
- Enhanced Efficiency: Real-time RFID reading and encoding streamline your label production process, reducing time and costs while improving accuracy.
- Consistency and Precision: Inline inkjet label printing ensures labels are produced with precision and consistency, enhancing the overall quality of the final product.
- Data Accuracy Assurance: Camera verification guarantees that the printed information matches the data encoded on the RFID chip, eliminating errors and discrepancies.
- Versatile Application: DISCOVERY RFID supports NFC and UHF RFID inlay labels and tags, making it suitable for a wide range of industries and applications.
- Rapid High-Speed Operation: DISCOVERY RFID ensures swift encoding and reading, ideal for efficient RFID tag production.
- Precision and Data Integrity: DISCOVERY RFID guarantees accurate encoding and reading, using advanced features like visual and code matching for data integrity.
- Versatile Tag Support: DISCOVERY RFID seamlessly supports various RFID tag types, including UHF, HF, and NFC, offering flexibility across industries.
- Effortless Integration: DISCOVERY RFID seamlessly integrates with existing production lines, ensuring smooth workflows and minimal disruptions.
- Comprehensive Verification and Reporting: DISCOVERY RFID provides precise data verification and robust reporting features, essential for quality control and audits
Tamarack Products integrates Read&Print technology to read and encode RFID tags during inlay insertion Case StudiesMore Case Studies
Lake Image Systems Inc. is pleased to announce that its award-winning DISCOVERY RFID has been fully integrated into Tamarack’s inline and offline RFID inlay production modules, used in Tamarack’s P500 and RFID Extreme products. During RFID Inlay insertion process, the integration ensures real-time, single-pass RFID reading and encoding with inline inkjet label printing, tracking, and camera verification for automated, high speed and high quality, multi-lane RFID tags and label production.
This integrated solution allows printers and converters to economically manufacture fully inlayed RFID labels and tags, encode them with variable data, with synchronized inkjet label printing, all on a single device, with built-in error verification and RFID data to print matching.
Lake Image Systems stood out as one of a handful of companies that had the expertise and technology to bring all the various elements, onto our RFID inlay equipment, to produce fully verified, variably printed, and encoded RFID tags and Labels at production speeds. By expanding our product offering to include integrated inkjet printing with reliable, real-time production verification, we now have a high-performance, robust, and automated solution to satisfy this challenging requirement from our clients.”Tamarack’s President David Steidinger.
Related Case Studies
Lake Image Systems and Vinsak Installs a Print Quality Inspection System for Aluminium Foil Blister Packs at Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.January 16, 2023
Lake Image Systems Ltd., in partnership with Vinsak India, is pleased to announce that they have...Read more
ROYAL JOH. ENSCHEDÉ: Lake Image inspects the next generation of barcoded postage stamps for Deutsche PostJanuary 25, 2022
Royal Joh. Enschedé (RJE) is among the most historic businesses in The Netherlands. In 1703,...Read more
COVID 19 Vaccine Passport Card Inspection at ANY Security Printing, HungaryMay 10, 2021
As nations globally roll out their COVID-19 vaccination program, citizens are eagerly looking to resume...Read more
Ramón Chozas S.A. automates print inspection for Tax Stamps and increases productivity by 15%December 6, 2019
Established in 1909, Ramón Chozas is today one of Latin America’s leading commercial and security...Read more
De La Rue Plc Installs Innovative Printing System with Automated in-line Variable Data & Print InspectionOctober 3, 2019
Lake Image Systems Ltd., in partnership with the UK based Ross Manufacturing Ltd., is pleased...Read more
Runbeck Election Services Enhances Mail Integrity for Vote-By-Mail BallotsSeptember 5, 2019
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, USA, Runbeck Election Services provides election solutions that include ballot production,...Read more
Strahm Automation & Mailing – Lake Image & W+D joined forces to provide greater flexibility, integrity & operational efficiencyJuly 4, 2019
As one of Kansas City’s premier service bureaus, Strahm Automation & Mailing Services has built...Read more
Tamarack Products integrates Read&Print technology to read and encode RFID tags during inlay insertionJanuary 23, 2019
Lake Image Systems Inc. is pleased to announce that its award-winning DISCOVERY RFID has been fully...Read more
REYNDERS label printing – Automation and 100% Verification of ScanTrust QRcodes for Secure Packaging PrintingJuly 13, 2018
REYNDERS label printing’s roots date back to 1956, when its founder, Emile Reynders, started a...Read more
Opus Trust Marketing – Enabling 100% Document Integrity for Mission Critical, Highly Regulated Document ProductionApril 24, 2018
Opus Trust Marketing is a leading provider of outsourced document services that creates, prints, mails...Read more
High Cotton USA Inc. – Gets the Details Right for Mission Critical Financial and Healthcare Document ProductionApril 3, 2018
High Cotton USA Inc. is a service bureau that specializes in the design and production...Read more
Paragon CC meets stringent SIM pack fulfilment regulations with Lake Image’s Read & Print verification systemFebruary 22, 2018
Lake Image Systems announces that Paragon Customer Communications (Paragon CC), have implemented a 4 camera...Read more
Pressure Sealed Forms – Automated Integrity InspectionJanuary 4, 2018
Our client is a global document solutions company at the forefront of print innovation. As...Read more
Flexible Packaging – Surface Inspection for Laminate ProductionMay 2, 2017
Our client is a large and long-established producer of paper and board laminates used for...Read more
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more
UFO Japan Install Asia’s First 16K Camera System for Inspecting Variable Codes on Gaming CardsJune 22, 2016
Read this article in Japanese printed in a local print journal Lake Image Systems Asia...Read more
I.D. Images Automates Duplicate Label Detection for Tracking LabelsApril 11, 2016
I.D. Images LLC, is a leading label manufacturer providing thermal transfer, direct thermal, laser, integrated,...Read more
Lake Image Systems Delivers a Unique Read and Print Personalization Solution for NextPage.December 14, 2015
Lake Image Systems has implemented a unique Read & Print solution to personalize cards for...Read more
Lake Image Systems provides a 100% verification system for validating winning lottery ticketsNovember 26, 2015
Lake Image Systems provides Arcon Bulgaria Ltd., a 100% verification system for automating winning lottery...Read more
Lake Image Systems Improves Press Productivity for Vietnam Post and Telecommunications GroupNovember 26, 2015
The Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group Pte Ltd. (VNPT) have implemented a camera based, data...Read more
Lake Image Systems Automates UV Variable Data Validation on Security Labels for a Global Security PrinterJune 5, 2015
As a leading, UK based security printer, our client is the world’s largest commercial banknote...Read more
Real Digital relies on Lake Image for Mailmark™ integrity verificationMay 15, 2015
REAL Digital International has firmly established itself as the UK’s leading provider of dynamic print...Read more
SG360° Leading the evolution of direct mail with Lake Image SystemsJanuary 12, 2015
For years, the challenge for marketers has been collecting, managing and using consumer data effectively...Read more
OpSec Security choose Lake Image for Tax Stamp inspection demandsOctober 1, 2014
Annual global losses through counterfeiting have recently been estimated to be as high as $600...Read more
Data One Services choose Lake Image for document factory print and mailpiece tracking and controlSeptember 10, 2014
As part of their Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) operation, Data One Services Sdn Bhd (DATAONE)...Read more
Hally Labels gets it right for variable data traceability labelsJuly 25, 2014
In the business for over 49 years, Hally Labels is one of Australasia's leading label...Read more
Data Integrators turn To Lake Image for integrity inspectionAugust 1, 2011
Data Integrators (North Virginia) turn to Lake Image for 100% integrity assurance. Data Integrators of...Read more
Loricas finds the solution to its shortfallFebruary 10, 2010
PrintWeek Report Loricas Solutions is a growing north-east-based direct mail house that has been in...Read more
REAL Digital gets it right every time – with Lake Image integrity systemsJune 25, 2009
REAL Digital may not have been an overnight success, but it’s not been far from...Read more
Smart moves to meet the GS1 labelling challenge set by TescoJune 25, 2009
As the UK’s largest and most successful supermarket, Tesco has a reputation as an innovator...Read more
Talco Direct Inc.June 15, 2009
The ability of the Lake Image Systems cameras to read images at inserter speeds as...Read more
Update Your Legacy EquipmentFebruary 10, 2009
Printing Industries of America, Reprint 08/09 2009 Dennis Mason, President, Mason Consulting Use it up,...Read more
American Bank NoteFebruary 10, 2009
More than 200 years ago, in 1795, the American patriot Paul Revere established a bank...Read more
GD Laser use IntegraVision with invisible ink for improved response.February 10, 2009
Based in Wooburn Green, near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, GD Laser is a small print and...Read more