Business Development Manager – Asia Sales
|Business Development Manager
|Asia Sales Manager
|Asia – country flexible
|Full Time, Permanent
Develop opportunities to directly sell the Lake Image Systems range of vision-based, print inspection and variable data verification solutions to prospect accounts, (new incremental business), within a defined geographical area. Become a recognised Vision specialist demonstrating service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success. This role provides an excellent platform for career progression within other commercial areas of Lake Image Systems.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Represent Lake Image to sell Machine Vision Solutions and complementary items to new customers within a designated geographical area.
- Penetrate any key National Account /MNCs that are not existing customers of Lake Image Systems.
- Work with the Applications, Sales and Marketing Manager to produce specific “Repeatable and Scalable” sales collaterals.
- Work alongside the Area Sales Managers within your area to introduce them to the new business accounts at the point of sale to commence hand over and begin management of the account for further equipment sales, aftermarket and contract opportunities.
- Develop and deliver “Configure Price Quote” packages for ease and commonality of specification and price point.
- Ensure incremental growth through direct new business acquisition sales effort, meeting all revenue and contribution targets.
- To report monthly to the Sales Director, building a pipeline and forecast of new sales opportunities,
- Discover market opportunities by following up new leads as well as self-generated new opportunities for Machine Vision applications. Deliver the associated revenue and growth targets.
- Target specific industry sectors – such as high-speed labelling, packaging, commercial and security printing – with relevant Lake Image solutions to grow market share of our print inspection range of solutions.
- Manage and achieve sales targets by demonstrating agreed professional sales behaviours.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Lake Image’s print inspection solutions.
- Deal with sales administration in a timely and accurate manner and ensure the company CRM is updated in line with company process and requirements
- Liaise with the local Marketing team & Asia Sales Manager to co-ordinate regionally focused campaigns.
- Attend exhibitions and promote Lake Image products as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Certified Higher Education in a business, technical or engineering related discipline. Equivalent experience considered.
- Professional sales training desirable (Mercuri, Miller Heiman preferred) or similar
- Full driving licence
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Good English communication skills
- Knowledge and application of different sales techniques and different financial models
- Planning, targeting and achieving quantifiable results
- Prospecting for self-generation of sales leads
- Expertise in the management of customer sales meetings
- Relationship building at all client levels and internally with a multi-disciplinary team
- Sales planning, forecasting and reporting
- Self-motivated and autonomous working
- Proven record of exceeding challenging sales targets
- Data management expertise e.g. use of CRM systems
- Strong writing skills for the development of sales tools
- Clear communication of solutions
- Secondary language skills, Chinese, Japanese, Korean preferred
- Experience of technical capital sales solutions into FMCG or manufacturing
- Knowledge of printing, labelling and print inspection technologies
- Experience of industrial printing or packaging environments
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases – CRM essential (SalesForce preferred)
- Management and manipulation of data
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in others
- Competitive with a desire to succeed
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please send letters of introduction, along with a current CV and references to: